An Assistant Manager is usually responsible for supporting a Manager of a store, company, business or organisation. Assistant Managers responsibilities include hiring and training sales associates, monitoring inventory and ordering merchandise based on demand. An Assistant Managers duties vary depending on the position and industry.
The most common way to become an Assistant Manager is through experience in your chosen workplace or industry.
If you are looking to gain qualifications to learn the necessary skills you may like to consider studies in;
- Certificate in Retail Management
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management or a Diploma of Leadership and Management.
- Bachelor of Applied Business
Depending on the industry you may also require, Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate or Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) certificate.
- Customer Service
- People Management
- Motivating Others
- Neat Personal Presentation
- Handling and resolving customer queries and complaints