A Train Drivers operate the trains they run, attempting to keep to a strict schedule as best as possible whilst keeping their passengers and their cargo safe. This is a great job for someone who likes to see different places.
To work as a Train Driver you must complete a traineeship and related vocational qualification. Entry requirements may vary, but employers generally require Year 10.
Gain supervised experience as a Train Driver during a traineeship whilst completing a Certificate IV in Train Driving.
- Team Player
- Mechanical knowledge
- Good hand-eye co-ordination
- The ability to concentrate for long periods of time
- Physical stamina
- The ability to deal with members of the public
- Good reaction times
- A good memory
- Excellent awareness of health and safety regulations and emergency procedures
- Good judgement and decision-making skills