Pathology Collectors work for medical laboratories or hospitals. Their role is to collect samples from patients including blood, urine, faeces and swabs, take delivery of samples and process them ready for pick-up by couriers.
Pathology collectors play a vital role within the healthcare system and require the following:
- A full driver’s licence
- Achieve and maintain a First Aid Certificate
- Complete a Certificate III in Pathology Collection, or Diploma of Laboratory Technology.
- Look to acquire a work placement in a laboratory setting during your education.
Employers may prefer individuals with qualifications in the field or with relevant experience in another medical discipline.
- Team Player
- Patient Care
- Pathology Specimen Collection
- Following procedures
- Time Management
- Following Hygiene Regulations
- Record Keeping