Builders build homes, as well as commercial and industrial buildings. They oversee, coordinate and work on the construction, repair and renovation of homes and other buildings. Throughout their various projects, the builder will keep their clients informed of progress and discuss any problems that require the client's input or advice.
To become a Builder you will need to gain relevant experience and in some cases a degree.
Consider taking part in on-the-job training or completing a TAFE course to build on the knowledge you’ve acquired on the job.
Some courses you may like to consider are;
- Certificate I in Construction
- Certificate II in Construction
- Certificate II in Building & Construction
- Certificate IV in Project Management
- Easy going
- Forklift Licence
- Construction Induction White Card
- Medium Rigid Licence
- Willingness to Learn